Mobile Game Design andDevelopment
SuccessThousands of grads working in art and design.
Experienced InstructorsLearn from instructors who work in the industry.
Endless OpportunityUse your skills anywhere in the world.
Want to be a mobile game developer? Mobile game design and development is one of the hottest emerging fields around. The latest mobile devices have changed how we communicate and entertain, making mobile application development one of the fastest-growing IT careers!
The Mobile Game Design and Development program focuses on providing graduates with a solid foundation in the technical skills needed to be successful in the emerging field of mobile application design and development. They’ll gain an H2 knowledge of the limitations the technology imposes on the design and development processes and the multi-platform mobile technologies and tools.
Students will be able to apply industry-standard software tools and techniques to production processes and the creation of mobile applications. From scripting and coding to digital drawing and 3D animation, the program will cover the fundamentals you need to start a dynamic career in this fast-paced environment. Tools and techniques are rapidly evolving, thus creating a demand for mobile application designers, developers, artists and application testers.
- Mobile Application Designers Mobile Application Designers are responsible for creating and developing engaging interactions and visuals for mobile usage.
- Developers Developers create applications for mobile devices using programming languages and development skills.
- Mobile Artists Mobile Artists work closely with UX/UI designers to apply visuals to mobile interfaces.
- Application Tester Application Testers evaluate and test new applications to ensure that they are functioning optimally before launching.
- Propose creative solutions to mobile design problems
- Create digital graphics and illustrations for mobile applications
- Determine the appropriate media and technology based on project requirements
- Manage project and time constraints
- Code efficiently to meet design, delivery and technology constraints
- Process digital images using appropriate software
- Produce single and multi-page layouts using the appropriate software
- Create a fully functional mobile application, game or site
- Evaluate the appropriate materials, tools, techniques and concepts, required to produce an effective design solution
Your program begins with teaching you the fundamental skills necessary for your future as an artist. These traditional, digital and informational skills give you a strong foundation — all are focused on building your skills and knowledge to succeed in the media industry.
You expand your skills and understanding of the production pipeline by focusing on the foundations of storytelling, character development and planning.
Get hands-on digital techniques and training to understand the next steps in development and how to bring your visions into reality utilizing current software and methodologies.
Expand your previous skillset and learn to visualize and conceptualize digital concepts. Through a series of projects and assignments, learn to synthesize your creativity with industry standards and subject matter experts.
Costs & Requirements
- High school graduation or equivalent (From an English language teaching institution) OR
- Mature student status (19 years of age upon starting classes and passing the college’s admissions test.)
VCAD's Refund Policy abides by the Private Training Regulation of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) Private Training Act.
For more information, click here.
Check out and connect with some Alumni on LinkedIn.
- Noel Gabriel Ambrosio 2020
- Nikki Katouzian 2022
- Dryden Sereda 2022
- Madison Prangnell 2020
- Tuong Kim Thuy Nguyen 2020
<p>The instructors are really helpful, even outside school projects. They gave me a lot of advice about improving my skills as a graphic designer. </p>- Maricel Benjamin
<p>The most valuable part of the program is the one on one time with the teachers. They are always willing to go out of their way to make sure you understand what you are doing. </p>- Katrina Selkirk
<p>We have very important classes that are very useful in the industry. Really good hands-on and technical classes. </p>- Jae Esmane
<p>The teachers, being a part of the industry, have really amazing contacts with people working in the industry, and I have been able to take advantage of opportunities that I have received through VCAD. </p>- Alisha Rempel
<p>Coming to VCAD allowed me to have an international environment around me, international influences in my learning and international instructors. That was my goal because you can't learn design in a silo; I wanted influ...- Crystal Dauphinee
<p>VCAD was very hands-on. We were constantly working on our portfolio. I had classes with actual game designers - teachers who taught animations and were actual working as animators in the industry. </p>- Carlos Alejandro
Explore More Programs
3D Modeling Animation Art and Design
Architecture Design and Technology
Game Development and Design
Marketing and Merchandising for Fashion
Would you like to get more information or apply?
Click on the button below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.