Emily Carr University


Do you want to advance your credentials in art and design? With the VCAD – Emily Carr University of Art + Design Pathway, you can build on your VCAD education and earn either a Bachelor of Communication Design or a Bachelor of 3D Computer Animation in three years.

Paragraph Accent
School Logo

Emily Carr University and Visual College of Art and Design (VCAD) have teamed up to provide VCAD grads with an opportunity to obtain a Bachelor’s degree after their journey with VCAD has ended – and that is available all Online.

Click here for more information on Emily Carr University’s Vancouver campus.

Through the VCAD – Emily Carr University pathway agreement, your diploma credits are transferable to Emily Carr, allowing you to complete your degree in just three years. With both credentials under your belt, your future as a design professional is going to be bright.

VCAD Programs



3D Modelling Animation Art & Design

Pathway Program

Bachelor of Media Arts in 3D Computer Animation

Accepted Credits


Game Development & Design

Pathway Program

Bachelor of Design Interaction Design

Accepted Credits


Graphic Design

Pathway Program

Bachelor of Design Communication Design

Accepted Credits


Find out how to start on the VCAD – Emily Carr University Pathway by filling out the Request Info form here!

For example, the Emily Carr University 3D Computer Animation degree is ranked one of the best animation programs in the world and the top program of its kind in Western Canada. This intensive program will prepare you to enter the industry as an animator, commercial artist, or independent filmmaker. Upon graduation, you’ll have created a short animated film that showcases your skills and celebrates your unique vision.


Apply for a Post-Graduate Work Permit

International students may be eligible to apply for a post-graduate work permit after completing their Bachelor’s degree at Emily Carr University.

Would you like to get more information or apply?

Click on the button below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Speak To An Advisor