You are invited to utilize VCAD's on-campus Creative Lab. An open concept, drop-in computer room, the Creative Lab is fully-equipped with industry-standard iMacs and PCs that mirror the wide variety of consistently updated, state-of-the-art software and hardware you will use throughout your specific program discipline at VCAD.
- Mac labs feature a range of iMacs that include the latest models, featuring retina 5K, 27-inch displays at 5120 x 2880 pixels, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 memory, Radeon Pro 575 4GB Graphics card, and an on-board 1 TB hard drive.
- PC labs feature specific software that cater to the needs of individual courses, which are routinely added, altered and updated to reflect industry standards.
Software installed on each computer varies by program need, however all computers are installed with:
- The complete Adobe Creative Suite including the most recent versions of Photoshop, Lightroom, Dimension, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Animate, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Dreamweaver, Muse, Bridge, and others.
- The complete Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and others.
- Vital Source App for accessing your program-specific eBooks.
- PaperCut App for printing and monitoring your environmental impact.
iMac computer labs are installed with additional software including Sketch Book Pro for digital drawing, Sketch App for UI/UX design, Google Sketch Up for display mocks and packaging design, and Maya for optional learning in later terms.
PC computer labs are installed with additional software including AutoDesk, Unity, Redshift, Nuke, Substance, Marvelous Designer, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, and 3DSMAX.
Studio labs feature professional grade sewing machines, Gerber, animation devices and tablets, drafting and cutting tables, photography and video equipment, and WACOM tablets.