Each VCAD program has its own admission requirements, if you have additional questions after reading these General Guidelines for Admissions based on your provincial enrollment, contact your personal Admissions Representative.
General Admissions Guidelines in Alberta:
All applicants must meet with an admissions representative in addition to ONE of the following criteria:
- Alberta high school diploma or equivalent verified by transcript or DAR.
A minimum of 50% in the following courses verified by transcript or DAR:
- Math 30-1, Math 30-2, Pure Math 30, Applied Math 30 or equivalent*
- English Language Arts 30-1, English Language Arts 30-2 or equivalent*
* Equivalents may include academic upgrading courses
Students must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age prior to admission (19 for out of province); and
- Successful completion of the VCAD Admissions Test.
*Manitoba applicants must also have been out of school for one year in addition to the above.