Careers in architecture design and technology give you the opportunity to combine form and function as you use your creativity and technical expertise to create amazing designs.
The Architecture Design & Technology program offers a solid education in architectural design principles and the technical skills needed to work in the building design and construction industries. To be successful in these areas, you will need a genuine understanding of industry standard software tools, building construction principles, and building code standards.
In this program, you will study the history of architecture, the environmental aspects of architectural design, and explore the theoretical and practical aspects of architectural practices in Canada. You’ll also explore project management, construction industry standards, and building materials and specifications.
Upon successful completion of the six terms of this program, you will be able to:
- Draw objects and spaces to scale
- Produce drawings using industry-standard software
- Understand and apply the principles of colour theory
- Create lighting concepts
- Manage project and time constraints
- Promote your own professional services
- Grade 12 or mature student status (19 years or older).
- Where an applicant’s first language is other than English, and s/he has not completed his/her secondary (or higher) education in English, the applicant will be required to pass the College’s admission test.
- Successful completion of the College’s entrance exam.
VCAD Portfolio Show - Summer 2017
Recent graduates showcased their talents at the Summer 2017 Portfolio Show and shared what it was like to be a VCAD student.