Work at VCAD
Work at VCAD
Assistant Director of Admissions
Ongoing Full-Time, VCAD Vancouver
The Visual College of Art and Design Vancouver (VCAD) is an innovative and dynamic Vancouver-based college of creative applied arts. VCAD has taught artists and imaginative people to follow their creative passions for over 35 years. Our Art and Design diploma programs cover the fashion, graphic and web design, interior design, and animation industries. We are happy to say that we are looking for an Assistant Director of Admissions to join our team!
The purpose of the Assistant Director of Admissions is to promote and sell the programs of the School to potential students and ensure the application is complete and in full compliance with all regulatory requirements. Under general direction, the Assistant Director of Admissions is responsible for selling programs to meet or exceed the School’s enrollment targets each month. The position works closely with campus financial staff.
Specifically, the Assistant Director of Admissions will be responsible for:
- Providing sales and product information on programs and offerings
- Maintaining records to contribute to the administrative functions of the campus
- Achieving monthly and annual sales targets
- Other related duties as assigned
To be successful in the Assistant Director of Admissions position, individuals must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
- 2 years diploma in in professional sales training with a preference for a Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 2 years sales performance history with a preference in private post-secondary education/recruitment agency
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven sales performance history
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all individuals with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage stress and thrive in often demanding situations.
- Proven self-starter and problem solver
- Must be deadline driven and goal-oriented
- A positive attitude and customer-focused approach
- Ability to act with tact, good judgment, and discretion
- Proficient in standard Microsoft applications and productivity tools
- Professional ethic work and exemplary behavior while respecting provincial and federal regulations
- Preference may be given to candidates with Lead Centre experience
- Preference may be given to candidates with a second language in French, Mandarin, Cantonese, Hindi or Punjabi.
Click Here to Apply
- Willingness to work hours in excess of regular shift as required
- Willingness to be available to work days, evenings and weekends as per work schedule provided by the Campus Director and/or DOA.
- Compensation: the Admission Representative salary is to be reviewed every two months in accordance with the compensation plan. The base salary may be adjusted upwards or downwards in accordance with sales performance.